- Newly created roles due to growth and new projects arising!
- Ready to accelerate and innovate your career further, close to home?
- Join us in a highly sought-after position with a Kiwi icon!
At Fisher & Paykel Technologies we've set ourselves a bold purpose. To not only embrace the exponentially accelerating world but to become the global leaders in "Accelerating the future, to improve people's lives".
At the heart of the Fisher & Paykel story are people looking for the innovation that changes the everyday into something out of the ordinary. Now is an exciting time to be at Fisher and Paykel Technologies as you'll have the opportunity to join a growing global team, working alongside high-performing individuals who are passionate about Technology and Innovation.
What sets us apart as a global employer of choice, is the values, purpose and vision that we strive to achieve, each and every day, for our people and our customers.
This role is responsible for developing new mechanical products across Fisher and Paykel Technologies in Auckland, NZ.
As our newest Mechanical Design Engineer your job is simple, to bring new ideas to the market, to help our customers see the true value add, that we bring to them as their partner!
What you’ll do:
- You will see projects through from start to end, working on exciting and complex solutions from initial definition and concept development right through to production
- Design, build, test and iterate to the final version of the product
- Develop solutions to highly complex problems
- You will ensure that manufacturability of products is achieved through smart design, research and testing of ideas and concepts
- Have a Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Design, Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- Possess a substantial amount of experience in a hands-on capacity, in a similar role
- Understand Engineering Design Principles, Systems and Processes
- Have a mechanical, and curious mindset, you are inquisitive
- Have at least 3+ years end to end practical design experience in a product development context
- Ensure the customer is at the centre of every decision you make
- Love working on complex issues to a resolution
- Enjoy working at pace, and on different and dynamic projects
- Are knowledgeable or interested in learning more about electric motors and rotating machinery design
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! We are after high-achievers, people who are mechanically astute, curious, open to sharing knowledge, learn further and challenge the status quo!