Epsom Medical Centre is a small, dynamic and forward-focused General Medical Practice. We provide exceptional and proactive care to their patients. Our practice also operates a specialised service, Auckland Men's Clinic, which focuses on Men’s Sexual Health. Patients with acute illnesses are managed in conjunction with the doctor. We take great pride in our ability to provide planned proactive care to our patients with more complex health issues, and to our children, new mothers, and older people.
We have an opportunity for Practice Nurse to join our busy, vibrant, growing practice. Close to transport, our practice offers a collaborative and well supported team with an exciting roadmap ahead. The nursing team is the backbone of our patient care strategy and very much a meaningful part of our patient care programme.
This is a part time role which requires someone to work three days a week.
The hours of operation are 8.30am -5.30pm.
Clinical skills required include.
- Confidence in providing chronic care management, including diabetes care, asthma and COPD assessment and advice, working with older people, and undertaking falls risk assessments, nutritional assessments, cognitive screening.
- Wound care experience and skills
- Experience and skills in intravenous medication administration (aclasta, iron, antibiotics)
- Immunisation certification
- Cold chain management
- Infection control management
We are offering a competitive hourly rate and flexibility. Join a growing team of excellence, with a great opportunity to develop your nursing career. Parking at the door and close to public transport. Great team. Nice clinic environment. Updated equipment. Apply today.