- Structured apprentice programme with career development pathways
- Global company with locations across 40 countries
- Stable job security with an industry leader
An iconic Kiwi brand, Marley Plastics has grown to become one of New Zealand’s largest manufacturers in the plastics industry. Involved with extruded and injection moulded products, Marley manufactures using PVC, Polyethylene and Polybutylene. Belonging to the Aliaxis group has also provided Marley with access to thousands of new products around the world.
About the opportunity!
A great opportunity has landed for an Apprentice Machine Operator to join our team at our manufacturing department, based in Manurewa. It is a full-time role to cover the night shift hours from 10 pm to 6 am. This is a great opportunity to become part of an exceptional group of people, where you can learn new skills and develop a career pathway with a brand that will be rewarding and provide long-term financial security with ongoing learning and career development.
The work involves turning raw materials into a high-quality product ready for market. Examples of their products would be rainwater products like spouting, and downpipes, but also products for stormwater, drinking water and drainage, as well as cable duct systems.
Our Apprentices need to have:
- A mechanical mind & are physically fit and able to perform manual work.
- A positive attitude & be self-motivated and passionate.
- A willingness to learn and grow.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and punctual, energetic and eager to work hard!
- A good understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who has some manufacturing work experience or relevant qualifications and is looking to kick-start their career or return to work with proper mentoring and support.
What’s in it for me?
At Marley, you’re joining an extended family that respects and values a multi-cultural workforce. We stop to celebrate our people’s success. We are a rapidly expanding organisation, which is part of a larger global parent, Aliaxis which is going places.
You'll receive a very competitive hourly rate; shift allowance, company benefits and a work environment that is supportive of your career development.