- Join the one of the most innovative electricity and fibre communications businesses.
- Full-time permanent role (40 hours per week)
- Salary from $88k - $120k NZD + benefits
- Relocation and sponsorship available for overseas candidates
Are you looking for your next Distribution Design Engineer role? If you have amazing attention to detail and love working in a fantastic team, we want to hear from you.
As a Distribution Design Engineer you will be will be reporting to the Distribution Engineering Manager and will be imperative to manage and deliver effective design services. This role also includes providing engineering and technical support to the wider network business and customers.
- Prepare and review detailed designs for distribution projects while collaborating in the selection of hardware materials and fittings for the distribution network.
- Collaborate in continuous improvement of Northpower design standards and participate in industry working groups.
- Provide technical support to wider networking team on distribution asset related issues while also providing emergency after hours advice and support when needed
- Input risk assessment processes to help with ensuring network risks are compliant with management frameworks.
What you bring to the role:
- An appropriate tertiary level qualification or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years industry experience distribution line design, construction and/or maintenance related activities
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices
- Competency in auditing, root cause analysis and risk management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
What we offer you:
- Competitive remuneration package and employee benefits
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- A collaborative work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued
- Flexible work options
- An organisation driven wellbeing programme
- Social club and family centred events including the Northpower WildKiwi multisport event and annual fishing competition
- Group discounted medical insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Retailer discounts for employees via the Boost app
Who Are Northpower:
At Northpower, we operate and maintain electricity distribution and fibre networks in the Whangarei and Kaipara region, serving over 60,000 connected customers. We also provide contracting services to our partners – other network owners and operators across New Zealand.
We have over 1,300 staff working together across 14 locations to keep the power on and the lights going for our customers.
Joining Northpower Network means being part of a dynamic team dedicated to shaping the future of energy distribution and our community in Northland.